Virtual Camp Questions
In-Person Camp Questions
Family Camp is open to anyone (of any age!) with an inborn error of protein metabolism, their friends, family, and caregivers! We have participants with PKU, MSUD, Tyrosinemia, HCU and Urea Cycle Disorders. Camp was founded by PKU Northwest, but has always been open to all IEM!
- The cost for in-person camp, Thursday-Sunday, including all means (high or low-protein) is $300 per camper.
- Virtual camp (including a tshirt, cooking kit & many other goodies) is $20 per camper
- The best strategy is the most obvious—frequent hand washing with warm, soapy water; covering your mouth whenever you sneeze or cough; and discarding used tissues in wastebaskets.
- We will have masks available as desired, sanitizing stations, and space to isolate if someone presents with an illness while at camp.
- We ask that you not attend Family Camp in person if you or another member of your group has been ill in the days leading up to camp. Examples include fever, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Currently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people with any infectious illness remain at home until at least 24 hours after they are free of fever (99.9°F or 37.7°C) or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- If you or a member of your group feels ill during your stay at camp please present to our medical staff immediately.
We thank you for your cooperation and care for all the members of our community.