2022 Camp Stats
- Total Campers: 325
- New Campers: 224; Returning Campers: 101
- Disorders Represented: PKU, MSUD, UCD, Tyrosinemia & other low-pro disorder
- Campers from 3 Countries, 40 U.S. States and 2 Canadian Provinces
- Total Campers: 151
- New Campers: 86; Returning Campers: 65
- Disorders Represented: PKU, MSUD, UCD, & HCU
- Campers from 2 Countries, 16 States and 1 Canadian Province
Established in 2003, PKU Family camp is a camp for individuals affected by any inborn error of metabolism, their friends and families, formerly run by PKU Northwest and now hosted by PKU News. At camp our whole community gets to enjoy camp olympics, make fun crafts, swim & slide in the epic pool complex, eat good food (low and high!), learn about the latest research…and meet others like you. The annual Family Camp is in early June every year in beautiful Antelope, Oregon at the Washington Family Ranch. PKU News will also hosts an online camp so everyone can connect and participate in camp activities.
Campers enjoyed the following activites in 2022:
- The Low Phe Life The show that highlights our collective experiences with a sense of humor.
- Science Night – We talked about the latest research with the premier scientific minds in the IEM community
- Cooking Demos – Everyone’s favorite chef Brenda Winiarski will be shared her cooking secrets
- Low-protein Food – As always, food for a variety of tolerance options will be available
- And many more activities from camp Olympics to swimming, crafts to teen night, and the perennial favorite, the talent show!